Support us in saving more than 2,000 Venezuelans at risk of malnutrition.
With this initiative, Brigadas Azules wants to rescue from hunger those Venezuelans that need it the most.
This is the situation we face:
- 87% of Venezuelans live in poverty: the income of a family with 2 minimum wage salaries only reaches 8% of the basic household provisions (ENCOVI 2017, CENDAS).
- 76% of the homes we have aided during 2018 suffer from food insecurity: people eat less than 3 times a day and do not have enough income to buy the food they need to survive. (Informes Brigadas Azules)
- 15% of Venezuelan children live at risk of dying from malnutrition. (Caritas Venezuela, 2018)
During 2018, through our health programs both organizations managed to serve more than 1,000 people. With your collaboration, in 2019 we can:
- Expand our reach: we’ll double our beneficiaries to more than 2,000 for this health program.
- Combat the effects of malnutrition: we will continue educating families on how to combine available foods, in order to avoid malnutrition.
- Continue documenting the Venezuelan situation: we will deepen our diagnosis, to present Venezuelans and the world with truthful information about what is happening and contribute towards the definitive solution of the problem.
Assistance today is necessary, but planning for the future is indispensable if we want our Venezuela to change.
For every € 7.5 donated, we can save another Venezuelan from hunger.
We invite you to be part of the solution and to participate in this program.